People Who Found Their “Twin” In An Old Painting
As long as you keep your eyes open, it’s impossible to get bored at a museum. Masterpieces and surprises await you around every corner, and you never quite know which pieces will stun you. In rare cases, it might even be a painting of your own face!
These lucky museum guests stumbled upon their exact doppelgängers in old portraits. In fact, for many of them, the resemblance is so striking that you have to wonder if they might’ve discovered long-lost relatives…
1. For decades now, Weird Al Yankovic has spoofed the biggest pop songs on the radio. It turns out that his face is also a parody of sorts. He looks just like St. John the Baptist by Leonardo da Vinci! Maybe we should call him St. Al from now on?
2. Every parent loves showing off pictures of their new baby. Naturally, this proud dad couldn’t help but show off his kid when they found the exact likeness hung up on the wall. This pic will surely get more than a few likes online.
3. If we didn’t know better, we would think that this girl actually posed for the portrait! The facial resemblance, especially in the eyes, is uncanny. Too bad museum works cost millions of dollars because this would look great in her living room.
4. It’s a staring contest for the ages! When one art admirer visited a Zurich museum, he never expected to come face-to-face with his own profile. It looks like these two guys must go to the same barber as well.
5. When music professor Ross Duffin spotted this painting, he realized that he missed out on his real calling — becoming a knight. Ross certainly has the looks for it, but he sadly forgot his plumed helmet.
6. Even science museums can be great for spotting lookalikes! During a family vacation to Italy, the Mansfields came across the caveman version of their son, Drew. Perhaps he found a distant ancestor?
7. Much of the time, twins wearing matching clothes come off as tacky. In this case, however, the museum fan needs to get herself a giant red hat — pronto!
8. While studying abroad in Spain, a Redditor and his classmates saw this painting of medieval war hero El Cid. They immediately thought their friend was El Cid’s second coming, so he happily posed for a photo.
9. These two blokes have matching hair, beards, and outfits — that’s a perfect score right there. Granted, it’s a fair assumption that the jacket in the painting didn’t come from North Face.
10. As the old Herman’s Hermits song goes, “I’m Henry the Eighth I am, I am.” This regal fellow bears more than a passing resemblance to the famed monarch. Though based on his authentic costume, it seems their meeting wasn’t much of a coincidence.